Tuesday, April 9, 2013

More great news

Andy has been getting worse.  I can see it everyday.  Now that I know he can't see, I am a lot more attentive to how he is feeling.  He went to the doctor last week to see if he has Lyme disease.  She told him he doesn't have Lyme or any other infectious disease but that all his symptoms are that of MS....great, we have been down this road before when he did the spinal tap and MRI's and he was told it was not MS.  Now, she thinks it could be that?  So, now what?  It seems like we are running out of diagnosis. 

So, he went to the eye doctor today to do more tests on his eyes.  Here's what we discovered today:  his cornea is very thin which puts him at risk for losing his cornea completely and having to have a cornea transplant; he fitted him for a hard contact which allows him to see but doesn't solve the damage already done; he has glaucoma (enlargement of his optic nerve) in both eyes, something that really can't be fixed; and if his optic nerve is inflamed (something he is going to be tested for next), more than likely he has MS.

One more apt with his neurologist Wednesday will hopefully shed some light on the whole thing.  One thing the doctors are hesitant to diagnose is MS because there is no sure test that says you have it or you don't.  Hopefully his doctor will see everything that has been going on and not rule it out.  My husband is great.  His attitude is "if I have it, oh well.  At least it is a diagnosis and we can start doing treatment that will hopefully make me feel better."  We have both prepared ourselves for this diagnosis and I pray that if it is MS, he will be able to start doing things again once treatment has started.

I love my husband very much and feel very guilty for the way I have treated him in the past.  Everything seems very pointless now.  Fighting, money problems, not having a job, etc.  Health is something you take for granted once it is gone.  I hear people complain about things that are so trivial and just want to shake them.  Do they not realize what Heavenly Father has given them?   They have it all, now just stop complaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment