Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Frustration is setting in...

It has been nearly 1 year and 9 months since Andy came home from work complaining of a head ache.  My husband is sick.  With what?  That we don't know the answer to that yet.  You name it and he has had it done.  2 MRI's, spinal tap, CT scan, chiropractic adjustments, shots in the back of his neck, vestibular therapy, every medicine you can think of, and countless visits to the "best doctors".  Our local pharmacist and phlebotomist knows us by name.  That is what we have been up to.

Needless to say, frustration is setting in.  What do you do when even the doctors are stumped?  Who do you believe?  My poor husband is not only frustrated but I sense loosing hope.  Not only is he not working but he pretty much can't do anything that might raise his blood pressure which causes him to get dizzy.

He has yet another appointment this Thursday but I hate to get my hopes up (be there, done that).  What do you when your spouse is sick?  I have done it all.  Gotten mad, become hopeful, shown sympathy, even given up myself. 

Although, I feel the blessings.  We had a ward fast this last Sunday for Andy and 2 other men in the ward who are going through medical challenges themselves.  I know the spirit is strong in our ward.   I feel a sense of peace knowing that we have so many family and friends praying for us.  Our prayers will be answered and what ever we discover I know we are ready to deal with it.

So, we keep moving on.  Everyday is different in our house but if we keep the Spirit alive, we will overcome this.

No comments:

Post a Comment